Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a Senior Analyst, Technical Accounting and Reporting to join our corporate finance team in Chicago, IL. This individual will report to the Manager, Technical Accounting and Reporting and be a key contributor in technical accounting research, assisting with new accounting guidance implementation, directing accounting policies, and working on projects across multiple departments. The Senior Analyst will assist with several complex technical accounting areas, including leases/real estate, revenue recognition and loyalty programs, segment determination, impairment analysis of goodwill and intangible assets, and debt transactions. Our ideal candidate must be a self-starter who is highly organized with great attention to detail and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Subject matter expert and/or preparer of complex accounting areas, including revenue recognition, leases, loyalty programs, debt and goodwill/intangibles impairment analysis
- Assess the impact of new accounting guidance and assist in the adoption of new accounting standards (U.S. GAAP and IFRS)
- Assist with technical accounting research for unusual transactions and new contracts
- Assist in maintaining and issuing accounting policies and trainings
- Document control process narratives and identify improvements to ensure a strong control environment
- Responsible for tracking real estate transactions, accounting for leases under IFRS 16
- Assist in quarterly and annual impairment analysis of goodwill and intangible assets
- Assist with the technical portions of the external financial reporting process – preparing financial statements and footnote disclosures, MD&A, and the disclosure checklist
- Participate in ad hoc technical accounting research, special projects and oversight of additional technical accounting areas as assigned
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or business with accounting concentration
- 3+ years accounting experience (public accounting or technical accounting preferred)
- CPA highly preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills and consistent follow through on assigned tasks
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP and/or IFRS
- Experience with financial accounting systems (Intacct or BPC helpful)
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel and MS Office required
- Enjoys working in a start-up, fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently in a highly organized manner
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and change; able to act as a change agent
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.