Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
The Accounts Payable Supervisor will report to the Accounts Payable Manager and oversee an Accounts Payable team responsible for the processing of invoices, timely issuance of payments, documentation and record-keeping, reconciliations, communication to stakeholders, and special projects as needed, including SOP development and process improvement initiatives.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Trains, mentors, and oversees employees as part of the Accounts Payable function
- Directs assigned tasks and provides guidance and support to staff as needed
- Interviews prospective employees as required and chooses the best applicant based on skills, knowledge, and abilities required for the job
- Support the yearly performance evaluations with the support of the Accounts Payable Manager
- Responsible for preparing weekly AP aging for review by the Accounts Payable Manager, Treasury Manager, and SVP, Controller
- Provide support as needed for weekly disbursement schedule and responsible to ensure that payments are issued in a timely manner
- Provide support as needed to address urgent requests from the business side and the staff
- Develops Standard Operating Procedures with the support of the Accounts Payable Manager to provide guidelines on how to properly code invoices and enter data into the ERP System
- Reviews and approves for posting invoices processed by staff for expenses above designated thresholds
- Analyzes expenses posted for accuracy and assists staff with coding of invoices as needed
- Work with the Accounts Payable Manager to reconcile the monthly accounts payable aging to the general ledger and sub-ledger
- Work with the Accounts Payable Manager to address audit requests as required by internal or external auditors
- Provide the monthly accruals and support
- Management of documentation and record-keeping for AP Team
- Performs other related duties as assigned by Accounts Payable Manager or SVP, Controller
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree required in Accounting or Business Administration
- A minimum of eight years of work experience in Accounts Payable with at least two years in a managerial or supervisory capacity.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in ERP System (Sage Intacct and SAP preferred) and Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Microsoft Excel
- Knowledgeable with Accounts Payable functions
- Work experience with G/L coding
- Previous background with problem-solving and analytical review
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to be a team player and provide excellent customer service to our stakeholders, setting example for other staff
- Previous management experience required, with a history of successfully hiring, retaining, and motivating staff
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.