Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a VP of Finance for the California Region. This individual will report to the VP of Finance at HQ and dotted line into the Regional President of California, where they will serve on the state Leadership Team. This role will be responsible for the region’s three local facilities, the related distribution operation, and a wholesale network of 400+ dispensaries within California. The VP Finance, California will also have oversight of several highly complex financial areas, including financial planning, budget management, forecasting, portfolio management, reporting, and governance for the California region and will help lead the development of financial management strategy while driving execution and advising leadership across a wide variety of functions. Our ideal candidate must be a self-starter who is exceptionally organized and possesses great attention to detail. This individual thrives in a fast-paced environment.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Perform a variety of advanced financial analyses to drive business strategy
- Collaborate with management on development and execution of growth and acquisition opportunities
- Assist management in the formulation of its overall business plan and strategic direction for the California Region
- Review the performance of competitors and report on key issues to management
- Manage the preparation and analysis of financial reports, strategic forecasts, cost trends, investor reporting, etc. for the California Region
- Analyze the company's financial results with respect to profits, trends, costs, and compliance with budgets and provide recommendations for improvement. Issue regular status reports and ad hoc reports to senior management.
- Report to management on variances from the established budget and the key drivers for those variances
- Evaluate large vendor contracts and investment opportunities with appropriate internal leadership teams. Additionally, provide financial analyses and assist with negotiations
- Collaborate on the development and execution of growth and acquisition opportunities
- Review product costing models to determine pricing methodologies
- Develop recommendations for improvement and cost savings activities
- Contribute to the management of monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting, including financial statements, KPIs, and metric dashboards
- Support post-acquisition integration planning and implementation
- Manage a team focused on the California Region
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting, Master’s degree and CPA strongly preferred
- 7-10 years of experience in a senior FP&A finance role, including 5-7 years leading a team.
- Experience exceeding goals in both large, established organizations, as well as start-up environments
- Project budgeting, cost controls, and ROI experience preferred
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems preferred. Including, BI reporting, dashboard, modeling, and KPI development (e.g. Adaptive Insights, Hyperion, SAP BPC, etc.)
- Proven knowledge of federal and state financial regulations, US GAAP and/or IFRS standards, tax laws, etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills and consistent follow through on assigned tasks
- Strong leadership presence and ability to influence decisions and work together across all levels of leadership, including executive leadership, investors and board members.
- Ability to efficiently handle ambiguity and change; able to act as a change agent
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.