Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a Senior Cost Accountant to join our corporate finance team in Chicago, IL. This individual will report to the Manager, Cost and Operational Accounting, and be a key contributor to the company's cost accounting and analysis process. This will include preparing monthly and quarterly cost models, as well as preparing key schedules used for accounting, audit, tax, and external reporting. The Senior Cost Accountant will also be responsible for providing key inputs and analysis for biological assets accounting and will liaise with the operational teams across the organization on key cost projects. Our ideal candidate must be a self-starter who is highly organized with great attention to detail and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Subject matter expert for cost and inventory accounting
- Prepare monthly and quarterly product cost models
- Prepare variance analysis and other reporting for senior management
- Prepare schedules used for accounting, management reporting, external reporting, audit, and tax purposes on an ongoing basis
- Work directly with operational and site teams on special projects and initiatives related to cost and inventory
- Work with the accounting team on inventory analysis, valuation, and impairment on a quarterly basis
- Assist with process improvements for cost and inventory accounting, including refinement of cost models for improved product profitability reporting
- Assist with integration of cost processes and policies for newly acquired businesses and market expansion
- Assist with review of the consolidated financial statements and footnotes for cost and inventory areas
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting or business with accounting concentration
- 3+ years accounting experience (public accounting or cost/inventory accounting highly preferred)
- Strong interpersonal skills and consistent follow through on assigned tasks
- Experience with financial systems (Intacct helpful) and ERP (ideally SAP) systems with knowledge of data structure and reporting requirements
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel (including pivot tables and V-lookup functions) and MS Office required
- Enjoys working in a start-up, fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently in a highly organized manner and demonstrate sound judgement
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.