Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a VP, Operations to oversee the California region. Based out of Los Angeles with travel throughout the region, the VP, Operations is responsible for directing the day-to-day business activities across the region, including the management, development, and improvement of effective business strategies, programs, and procedures. In addition, the VP, Operations will manage and oversee all Facility Directors and a number of dotted line reports across Quality, Security, Logistics, Supply Chain, etc. throughout the region (3 facilities), working with them as a cross functional leader to meet overall business objectives. The ideal candidate has high level operations experience with CPG, Pharmaceuticals, or Cannabis industries. This role will report directly to the Regional President of California and work alongside VP’s in cross functional departments to drive sales growth.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Oversee day-to day company operations across multiple sites throughout the California region, working cross-functionally in areas across cultivation, manufacturing, processing, packaging, production, etc.
- Develop strategic and tactical plans for improving business functions, including the creation and execution of SOPs, operational best practices, and policies/procedures to ensure proper management and efficiencies across each facility.
- Identify new opportunities for maximizing revenue growth to reach company objectives and maximize revenue
- Lead and manage a highly productive, motivated and driven team through strong communication, empowerment, reward and coaching techniques. Maintain close working relationships with partner group in functional areas, including Retail and Wholesale Sales, Finance, Marketing, Supply Chain/Distribution, Cultivation, Compliance, etc.
- Hire, train, and manage a team of Operations Directors and managers, with indirect reports across a large volume of operations personnel at each site level.
- Develop and monitor KPI’s to measure departmental performance, reporting back to the leadership team and leading gap analysis to determine improvements where necessary.
- Work cross-functionally with compliance, quality, and safety departments to ensure the facilities meet requirements of the local, state, and federal guidelines.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or related field, MBA preferred
- 10+ years leading operations in highly regulated industry, including a minimum of 5 years leading and developing a large team of individuals across multiple disciplines (including SKU rationalization, inventory management, Yield Improvement, Distribution, Compliance, etc) and locations
- Working knowledge across multiple business functions, including operations, sales, supply chain, etc. within a manufacturing or production setting. Lean Six Sigma within S&OP strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with a broad knowledge of management practices and good business analysis/project management skills
- Proven ability to manage numerous projects, as well as resources, remotely in a highly dispersed organization
- Analytical and strategic mindset, with the ability to make data driven decisions
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding KPIs and overall business goals and objectives
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft office suite, particularly Excel
- Demonstrated business savvy to effectively communicate and work with other executives in support of achieving business and systems goals
- Proven ability to select top talent and create a productive environment that promotes initiative, innovation, continual learning and development of key personnel for future advancement
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with a wide range of audiences including clients, front line managers and C-level leaders, both in-state and at Corporate COE.
- Strong business planning skills to execute strategic projects with implications for business areas with rapidly evolving business processes. Must possess a balanced perspective on strategic and tactical issues
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.