Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a Corporate Compliance Manager to join our growing team. The Corporate Compliance Manager is responsible for assisting and supporting the department in overseeing the implementation and operations of the day-to-day management of the compliance program and ensuring the latest legal and regulatory requirements. This position supports the VP of Compliance, EVP of Compliance, compliance department, and the core business and operational functions of the organization.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Supports and enforces the compliance program and the ongoing creation and maintenance of an effective program.
- Provides guidance on various departments regarding compliance issues and implementation of new compliance requirements with respect to regulatory and contractual requirements.
- Develops, maintains, and revises policies and procedures for the compliance program.
- Oversees the development, maintenance, and revision of policies and procedures manual for the organization.
- Manages the compliance management systems and directs compliance issues to appropriate departments for investigation and resolution.
- Responds to alleged violations of regulations, policies, procedures, and Code of Conduct by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures.
- Conducts risk assessments and identifies potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk, develops/implements corrective action plans for resolution of issues, and provides general guidance on how to avoid recurrence of same or similar issues in the future.
- Ensures that compliance issues/concerns within the organization are being appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved.
- Conducts compliance audits to evaluate the effectiveness of internal controls.
- Conduct research on compliance topics, including but not limited to privacy, federal regulations, state laws and related publications for known risk areas.
- Works with counsel and EVP of Compliance to identify all legal and regulatory requirements and legislative updates applicable to all of the company’s business lines and keeps up to date in changes the regulatory requirements.
- Supports compliance and regulatory tasks in mergers, acquisitions, consolidations, etc.
- Prepares material for board and executive committee meetings.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 5 years of relevant compliance experience.
- Strong written, communication, and research skills.
- Experience implementing a compliance program in alignment with the 7 elements of an effective compliance program.
- Working knowledge of compliance terminology, laws, rules, and regulations.
- Ability to make decisions, solve problems, and work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational, analytical, and time management skills.
- Demonstrate extreme attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally in the workplace.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge in the use of Microsoft applications.
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.