Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a Manager of External Reporting to join our corporate finance team in Chicago, IL. This individual will report to the Assistant Controller and will be responsible for the company’s external reporting. This will include quarterly reports, annual reports, and miscellaneous filings as required under IFRS and Canadian Securities Regulations. The Manager of External Reporting will also have oversight of several complex accounting areas. Our ideal candidate must be a self-starter who is highly organized with great attention to detail. This individual thrives in a fast-paced environment.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Responsible for the external reporting process – preparing and reviewing quarterly and annual financial statements and footnote disclosures, MD&A, proxy statements and earnings releases
- Coordinate, calculate and/or oversee the process of stock-based compensation, earnings per share, non-controlling interest and other equity transactions
- Oversee the preparation and review of the statement of stockholders’ equity
- Participate in implementation and improvement of financial reporting systems
- Assist in the preparation of internal documents including presentations for the Audit Committee and Disclosure Committee
- Perform accounting research and prepare or review accounting memos on various complex accounting transactions
- Coordinate with external parties in the filing process, including the coordination of timetables and communication with external auditors
- Maintain effective internal controls and establish processes, policies and procedures
- Participate in special projects and ad-hoc requests, as assigned
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance
- 5+ years accounting experience (public accounting and/or external reporting at a publicly traded company is preferred)
- 1+ years management experience preferred
- CPA required
- Strong interpersonal skills and consistent follow through on assigned tasks
- Experience with financial and reporting systems preferred (e.g., Hyperion, BPC, Workiva)
- Extensive knowledge of U.S. GAAP and/or IFRS and public company disclosure requirements strongly preferred
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel and MS Office required
- Ability to thrive within a post-start up, fast-paced, global public company environment
- Ability to efficiently handle ambiguity and change; able to act as a change agent
- Ability to work independently in a highly organized manner
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.