Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a Logistics Manager to join our facility in Kankakee, IL. The Logistics Manager will be responsible for providing materials, equipment, and supplies by directing receiving, warehousing, and distribution services. As the Logistics Manager you will oversee the efficient receipt, storage, value-adding servicing and dispatch of a wide variety of products within a cannabis facility. The Logistics Manager will ensure productivity targets are achieved and that all distribution and logistics processes are running efficiently.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Manage an accurate inventory of site materials
- Ensure materials are ordered and delivered to the site on time, stored and stocked for efficient picking and use
- Create a stocking plan and strategy for site locations to improve product flow and inventory visibility
- Maintain metrics, reports, process documentation, customer service logs, or training and safety records
- Resolve problems relating to inventory, logistics systems, transportation, or customer issues
- Control inventory levels by conducting regular cycle counts
- Maintain physical condition of storage by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement
- Partner with transportation teams for product transfers, identify and implement process improvements
- Safeguards logistics operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols
- Manage logistics and materials costs, drive cost-productivity savings
- Complies with federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions
- Initiate corrective actions and communicate with management
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- 3-5 years’ experience in logistics and inventory management or related field
- Demonstrated experience in either a manufacturing/production or CPG environment
- Knowledge of developing and implementing SOPs
- Must have past experience with inventory control and reporting
- Proficient in MS Office and inventory management software
- Experience with Lean & Six Sigma
- Safety management and surveillance skills
- Experience in a highly regulated industry preferred
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.