Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Assist with month-end close and other operational accounting processes as needed on an ongoing basis
- Prepare schedules used in monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting for both internal and external reporting purposes
- Prepare bank compliance and sales tax reports on a weekly and monthly basis
- Prepare other forms and schedules as needed for financial accounting compliance purposes (e.g., IRS Form 8300)
- Assist with invoicing and A/R functions
- Support other teams (Treasury, Financial Reporting, FP&A) with ad hoc projects as needed
- Assist with documentation of business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Support the year-end financial audit and tax preparation process with external auditors
- Work cross functionally with company departments and external partners
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Student in process with Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business-related field OR student with this degree, who is in process of pursuing a Master’s degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting
- Strong interpersonal skills and consistent follow through on assigned tasks
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel and MS Office highly preferred
- Enjoys working in a start-up, fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently in a highly organized manner
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.