Cresco Labs is seeking a Senior Marketing Compliance Specialist to join our Compliance team in our Chicago, IL headquarters. In this role, you will act as a subject matter expert regarding marketing and communications related regulatory guidelines. The Marketing Compliance Specialist is responsible for reviewing Cresco Labs communications and marketing material to verify compliance with regulations and requirements prior to their use. The ideal candidate must possess a strong attention to detail, thrive in a fast-paced environment and have previous experience in interpreting, understanding, and applying rules and regulations as well as internal guidelines.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Partner across the Marketing department to provide direction towards developing and promoting the compliance strategy, including initiatives for SOPs, training, and overall awareness and conformance with regulations
- Ensure all functions of marketing operate with the same policies and procedures and in full compliance with local, state and federal laws/regulations, including the development and implementation of compliance training for staff across all locations, to ensure adherence across all marketing functions while promoting legal and ethical conduct
- Administer the marketing material review and approval system. Review materials for marketing team.
- Act as marketing compliance champion. Conduct compliance training for team members relating to regulatory requirements and industry best practices to facilitate the creation and use of marketing materials.
- Establish processes to monitor and test compliance with our marketing-related compliance policies and procedures, and regulatory requirements on a risk assessed basis.
- Help refine and prepare regular risk control assessment.
- Monitor changes in applicable laws, regulations, and industry related news or events for all relevant subject matter and complete gap analyses to determine impact, if any, on retail operations, processes, and procedures and recommend changes as needed
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Minimum three years’ related regulatory compliance experience with direct experience reviewing and approving marketing materials, labeling, or packaging. Familiarity with cannabis advertising or FDA labeling regulations a plus
- Working knowledge/understanding of regulations within the cannabis industry
- Excellent communication, negotiation, training and presentation skills and ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Strong organizational, project-management and teamwork skills required
- Able to manage multiple projects and work successfully in a fast-paced environment under strict time deadlines
- Ability to analyze issues and propose options and recommended course of action
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.