Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a National Retail Training Director to join our corporate retail team in our Chicago, IL headquarters. As our National Retail Training Director, you will develop and execute training as well as manage the training team. The National Retail Training Director will be responsible for establishing procedures and the training infrastructure for all Cresco retail operations. Our National Retail Training Director will be responsible for guiding new and existing retail locations on Cresco standards and expectations. The ideal candidate must possess a strong attention to detail, thrive in a fast-paced environment and have previous experience in leading retail training.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- •Create and update new company retail training policies, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), work instructions, job aids, etc. that will have a lasting impact on our future success and growth of Cresco’s training infrastructure for medical cannabis dispensaries.
- •Create, revise, and continually update curriculum to facilitate strategic training of sales, customer service, and all operational training programs for nationwide retail locations based on Cresco standards and expectations.
- •Manage and develop a team of retail trainers.
- •Travel to retail locations nationally to conduct on-site training. Schedule and facilitate the day-to-day learning activities and logistics for all retail employees in training to establish consistent patient experiences across the nation and ensure dispensaries meet Cresco and regulatory expectations.
- •Responsible for providing solid leadership within a multi-unit environment in all aspects of retail, including recruiting, training, people development, clientele development, store standards, profitability and implementation/execution of all corporate/field initiatives.
- •Maintains practical subject matter expertise in all retail positions as well as familiarity and understanding of multiple state’s cannabis laws and regulations
- •Track completion of training activities and evaluate performance of managers-in-training and addresses opportunities through coaching and feedback. Ensure all trainees have demonstrated the ability to meet performance standards and Cresco expectations.
- •Approve new training techniques and suggests enhancements to existing training programs.
- •Establish relationships with vendors to provide additional outside training programs.
- •Responsible for the development of managerial and operational skill sets of store management.
- •Develops and maintains expertise in Learning & Development practices, staying current with the instructional design, industry trends and research.
- •Execute continued education programs, attend seminars and workshops for further cannabis industry education.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- •Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills •Breadth of experience in opening retail locations and building out training practices
- •Experience with writing SOPs, work instructions, training materials and working with a Learning Management System
- •Previous use and management of Point of Sale systems
- •Demonstrate high level of professionalism and confidentiality as well as being able to relate comfortably to people in all levels of the organization
- •Highly flexible and adaptable – working in a fast-paced start-up involves daily shifting priorities; able to go with the flow and adjust to changing needs quickly
- •Significant travel required (30%), must have flexibility to accommodate travel schedule
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.