Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a Vice President of Distribution to oversee distribution efforts across our California region, including the transportation, warehousing, and overall logistics for the multi-site operations and a network of 400+ retailers throughout the state.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Responsible for developing and executing a comprehensive and strategic distribution plan, including P&L responsibility, for a vertically integrated, seed-to-shelf CPG—including but not limited to warehousing, transportation/logistics, systems integration, inventory control, space/equipment utilization, supply/demand, CAPEX, etc.
- Build and optimize a cost-effective logistics network throughout multiple facilities, from manufacturing to warehousing to retail/wholesale.
- Engage key business partners across the organization to ensure alignment and assist in defining the overall distribution network strategy, including but not limited to Marketing, Supply Chain, Finance, Data Analytics, and Operations to ensure the company reaches its goals for profit, growth, and customer satisfaction.
- Consistently meet regulatory compliance and safety measures within company guidelines, including security, training, OSHA, EHS, etc.
- Build and lead a team through a culture of accountability and organization, while promoting employee engagement and professional development across all locations.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Logistics, or related field, Master’s and/or Six Sigma/Lean Manufacturing certification/training preferred
- 15+ years commercial distribution, supply chain, and/or logistics experience, including a minimum of 5 years experience managing and developing a team
- Experience within a fast-paced and highly regulated industry is preferred
- Multi-site distribution center leadership and operations experience is preferred
- Proven track record of using analytical problem-solving skills to meet and exceed performance metrics.
- Demonstrated negotiation and influence skills
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Must maintain a high level of integrity, personal motivation, and sense of urgency
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.