Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco seeks an IT Portfolio Manager capable of supporting our technology road-map as we continue to grow and expand as a company, making necessary adjustments for success, along the way. This role reports directly to the VP, IT Portfolio Management and is based out of our headquarters in Chicago, IL.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Supports the VP, IT Portfolio Management to develop short term (90 days) and long term (12 month) Strategic Technology Roadmap.
- Creates Business Requirements relevant for IT, translates them into Functional and then Technical requirements for scoping out effort.
- Manages the IT project In-take process based on Organizational priorities, criticality, business case objectives and expected NPV.
- Facilitates and coordinate the project portfolio definition, its structure and processes, from demand management and strategic alignment of projects and programs to portfolio categories and criteria, through evaluation, selection and prioritization; to execution, tracking and measuring the achieved results.
- Work with the Business and IT project teams to manage/oversee the full range of the project life cycle (initiate, plan, execute, close) for projects covering a portfolio of projects which focus on the business needs of a specific business line(s) or strategy. Identify key Product Owners on the business side for Key IT projects.
- Work with the Finance team to develop an IT Forecast, Budget and Run rate mechanism to track all IT expense
- Evaluate potential investments by how well they support Cresco's mission, strategies, and goals. Identify and analyze each project's risks and returns before committing funds to a project. Quantify business benefits and track them throughout the IT investment lifecycle, and measure IT investment value with a focused, standardized set of evaluation criteria to forecast value during investment business case development and investment selection. Use rigorous, standardized tool for evaluations. Create a consistent and understandable mechanism for reporting results. Attain successful, predictable, and repeatable investment control processes at the project level. Use evaluation techniques to improve its IT investment processes and its investment portfolio. Plan and implement the "de-selection" of obsolete, high-risk, or low-value IT investments. Benchmark IT investment processes relative to other "best in class" organizations.
- Drive vendor evaluation and selection for new projects and solutions.
- Coordinate dependencies across the projects and programs in the portfolio and resolve or escalate conflicts.
- Create and maintain required project portfolio documentation and artifacts.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND SKILLS
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, business or a related field from an accredited university or institution or equivalent work experience.
- Proven technical project management experience; 3+ years of IT Governance/Portfolio Management experience preferred
- Competent analytical skills and business acumen; analytical thinking, problem solving and quantitative abilities; detail oriented, committed to a high level of accuracy; track record of managing multiple projects concurrently.
- Excellent organizational, time-management and meeting facilitation skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to communicate professionally & effectively to both technical and business teams, across all levels of the organization, with demonstrated ability to interact credibly with executive management.
- Ability to adapt quickly to new and changing business and technical environments.
- Experience in managing IT investments, including business case development and benefits realizations tracking is a plus
- Experience managing Agile software development projects and groups, and knowledge of key concepts and processes within the Software Development Life Cycle including Agile and Waterfall methodologies as well as process and workflow management a plus
- Experience with Digital Transformation and customer experience improvement initiatives a plus.
- Acquisition due diligence and integration experience a plus
- Practical experience using SAP ERP, Salesforce CRM, E-Commerce Applications, and SharePoint and Kanban is desired but not required.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification and/or Program Management Professional (PGMP) Certification a plus
- Scrum Master Certification a plus
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.