Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
Cresco aims to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Their operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, they will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market they move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a Corporate Packaging Engineer to support commercial manufacturing process and production expansion, as well as ongoing operations. This position will be responsible for the technical and operational elements of new packaging and packaging functionality. This will include preparation of packaging requirements and associated execution of validation protocols, training and troubleshooting. The Corporate Packaging Engineer will provide additional support around process improvement, materials selection and usage, capacity utilization improvement and finally, ensuring delivery to customer specifications and timelines in support of corporate initiatives.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Develop innovative, timely, and cost-effective packaging concepts that align and improve upon existing and proposed packaging lines and inspection systems
- Actively participate in equipment evaluation, selection, validation and qualification
- Support state-specific packaging and equipment purchases, including: sourcing, calculating, interpreting, comparing ROI, and maintaining vendor relations.
- Prepare, review, and submit specifications
- Develop the scope of work for various packaging and equipment initiatives
- Review equipment submittals
- Coordinate activities and project deliverables across operations and the greater engineering team
- Assemble, facilitate, and participate in cross-functional teams
- Define critical process parameters, operational ranges, and acceptance for quality assurance and process validation activities
- Assist facility engineering with troubleshooting, and resolve technical and/or program controls issues
- Assist with engineering standardization initiatives within Cresco operations in all markets
- Support facility engineers with equipment manufacturer communications and vendor management
- Collaborate with facility maintenance and engineering team members as required to prepare and submit change orders
- Assist and support corporate operations and engineering functional heads by attending project meetings
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- BS in mechanical, packaging, or manufacturing engineering; or 5-7 years relevant technical experience
- Experience developing, reviewing, redlining, and approving packaging specifications
- Advanced MS Office skills
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Experience managing automated packaging lines preferred
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical guidelines (GMP, GDP, ASTM)
- 3-5 years automation engineering experience within manufacturing industry preferred
- Familiarity with Software Qualification (GAMP 5) and CQV (FAT/SAT/IQ/OQ/PQ) preferred
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.