Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Lead Extraction agents will report to the extraction supervisor and will complete general lab manufacturing production work in accordance with the commonwealth and standards set by Cresco Labs.
Lead Extraction Agents are expected to have a firm understanding of the chemical principles that are being applied during processing. Extraction agents live and breathe: Safety, Quality, Delivery and Productivity.
CORE JOB DUTIES:
Lead Extraction agents will be responsible for the following:
- Preparation and execution of Cresco Labs extraction procedures in adherence to a schedule, including but not limited to hydrocarbon extractions, mechanical extractions, and other chemical extraction methodologies as directed
- Pre and post processing of material involved in extraction product streams.
- Upkeep, maintain, calibrate, troubleshoot and communicate issues related to lab equipment and general facilities
- Inventory and maintain material in extraction product streams
- Properly track data and other relevant information in real-time on production paperwork and other necessary physical and digital tracking forms and documents
- Effectively communicate issues related to quality, equipment, processing, material and safety observations and concerns
- Training and supporting other facility workers as needed
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Qualified applicants will possess an associate degree in science with preferred emphasis in a chemistry, engineering, food science, biology or other comparable fields OR equivalent experience in cannabis or other GMP related manufacturing experience. (or an aligned field)
- Ideally has at least 1 year of experience in a professional cannabis extraction production environment
- Has precursory knowledge in the operation of cannabis extraction equipment.
- Has basic knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the oil processing industry
- Has experience following instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform critical job functions
- Is mechanically inclined; able to find and diagnose mechanical issues with industrial equipment
- Maintains a positive "can do" attitude in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Able to adjust to change quickly
- Able to contribute positively to conversations about process improvement
- Demonstrates basic attention to detail
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills
- Has the ability to work well with other team members
- Ability to read and interpret written and oral instructions
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.