Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a Quality Assurance Manager to join our manufacturing facility in Marshall, MI. As the Quality Assurance Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing quality-related activities at the facility associated with incoming inspection, sampling and inspection of finished products, customer complaint investigations, product investigations, and Corrective and Preventive Action (CAPA) plans. Product families may include cannabis flower, cannabis oil, manufacturing infused products (lotion, capsules, vape pens/cartridges, transdermal patches), and food products (chocolate, gummies, cookies). This position will be responsible for ensuring products are being produced in a manner that meets all specifications and brand consistency. You will also lead efforts to identify potential quality risks and work with operations personnel to develop improvement opportunities. The ideal candidate must possess a strong attention to detail and experience working within a highly regulated industry.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Responsible for management of site QA staff.
- Performs finished product sampling and inspection.
- Performs equipment and product line clearances before production runs.
- Manages and writes customer complaints and product investigations, helping to assess risk, identify root cause, CAPA plans, and implementing solutions with business partners.
- Assist with QMS document writing and revisions, including routing and/or approval of change request packages.
- Inspects packaged orders to ensure correct content and quantities, as deemed necessary.
- Inspects retain samples and customer return samples, as deemed necessary.
- Reviews in-process batch documentation, logbooks, test results, and good documentation practices.
- Discusses issues and concerns directly with line personnel and operations management so any corrections and improvements can be made in a timely manner.
- Performs reviews and audits as assigned.
- Collaborates with operational functions to troubleshoot manufacturing and production defects, CAPA, and customer complaints. Provides advice with process improvements to eliminate errors and reduce risk.
- Consolidates technical information from operations and manufacturing personnel and prepares written investigation and CAPA reports which may be provided to state regulators. Discuss quality-related issues with state regulators, as needed.
- Monitors compliance to established Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and SQF (Safe Quality Foods) guidance.
- Facilitates creation of and/or updates to product safety plans or product process parameters.
- Provides recommendations for product discontinuation, quarantine, destruction, rework, withdrawal/recall to operations and quality management.
- Conducts all duties in compliance with safety rules, applicable SOPs, and other applicable guidelines.
- 5-10% travel to other facilities and states to help with new market launches, training, etc.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelors Degree, 5+ years' experience in a quality role
- Prior experience in highly regulated industry: healthcare, medical devices, pharmaceutical, consumer packaged goods (food), cannabis. Highly desirable: FDA, HACCP, SQF experience
- Prior experience in Quality Assurance or Quality Control function
- Prior experience with product sampling, inspection procedures, customer complaints, product investigations, and CAPA
- Prior experience in regulatory agency audits and correspondence.
- Ability to follow written procedures and monitor others for adherence to written procedures
- Ability to create or update written procedures with site operations personnel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including writing executive summaries and communicating with senior level operations, quality management team, and regulatory agencies
- Utilizes critical thinking to troubleshoot issues, work collaboratively with a team to brainstorm solutions, and implement improvement solutions
- Manage personnel, including performance management, setting vision, priorities, etc.
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.