Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Continuing its mission to be the country’s leading Cannabis wholesaler, Cresco Labs is hiring a Director of Sales Operations to develop best-in-class sales strategies to support our EVP of Wholesale and Sales Center of Excellence (COE). The Director of Sales Ops is a highly visible role that will be responsible for delivering strategic analysis and operational rigor to the organization. The Director will work cross-functionally with marketing, finance, supply chain, and data analytics teams to manage sales planning and the strategic initiatives supporting our financial and operating plans. The ideal candidate will have a clear understanding of demand needs and trends in relation to seasonality, geography, market conditions, and other key drivers of demand.
- Collaborate with Finance, Supply Chain, Data Analytics, and Marketing teams to implement processes that will minimize supply frictions and maximize profits to the P&L.
- Create partnerships with cross-functional teams for consistent forecast input and insight on variances and gaps – as well as how we manage those gaps
- Lead meetings with Senior Executives on the monthly consensus demand and supply forecasts with options, risk scenarios, and recommendations in mind
- Collaborate with S&OP to identify short and long-term supply constraints and make
- Analyze data pertinent to the demand, supply, finance forecast (historical sales, market trends, seasonality, promotions) and ensures risks are identified and communicated to key process stakeholders; pull and present reports to inform S&OP and business decisions; develops high quality forecasts in terms of accuracy, timeliness, coordination and communication
- Continuously evaluate effectiveness of company-wide sales operations initiatives to company goals and objectives
- Act as a thought leader to establish optimal KPI’s: Evaluate and establish (as needed) sales KPI's to measure business performance
- Synthesize both quantitative and qualitative sales data to deliver insights and recommendations
- Oversee and lead improvements across optimization, pricing, and S&OP to improve business value chain; establishes executive alignment to improve market share, working capital, cost competitiveness, and profits
- Works with cross-functional business unit leaders to identify demand and supply exceptions and customer service issues, establishes and implements processes to resolve; systematically identifies and works to reconcile discrepancies and close gaps through comprehensive forecast error reviews
- Bachelor’s degree in Business (Finance, Operations, or Marketing), Supply Chain, Economics, or related field
- 5-7 years relevant experience combined in several of the following areas: Sales, Sales Operations, Marketing, Consulting, Supply Chain, Project Management, Manufacturing Operations, Retail Operations
- Ability to thrive in a high-growth environment implementing new processes, strategies, and systems and ability to work within a rapidly changing environment
- Advanced experience with Excel, ERPs, CRMs, and BI tools (Tableau). Salesforce experience highly preferred
- Independent worker and analytical thinker with ability to conduct research, analyze data, and resolve complex problems
- Strong executive presence with ability to interact with senior leadership, including C-Suite.
- Strong organizational, planning, and project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; capable of presenting data metrics and financial information in an easy-to-understand format
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.