Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Participates in the development and implementation of corporate-wide security programs such as Facility Security, Emergency Management, Access control, CCTV installation/management and Cash handling and payment.
- Advises sites regarding security protocols and procedures to ensure regulatory compliance with local, state, and federal agencies.
- Manages relationships with both internal /external security partners/vendors.
- Conducts routine and follow-up security inspections of corporate facilities.
- Responds to emergency situations at sites, prepares reports of findings and submits recommendations.
- Leads and implements a learning culture through lessons learned from near miss reporting, security observations, incident investigations and other learning forums
- Develops cost effective approaches to achieve compliance with security related issues.
- Assists site team members with all security concerns from the field.
- Ensures annual training at sites are conducted.
- Recruits, orients, and trains security personnel on appropriate security rules and procedures.
- Directs the activities of security personnel to ensure protection of the organization’s physical assets, properties, and resources.
- Conducts security audits.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in criminal in criminal justice, public administration, or in a related field.
- 7+ years experience in comprehensive security and compliance programs within the retail industry, including 3+ years experience managing a team and outside security vendors
- Solid knowledge of state and local statutes and ordinances on security protocols.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
- Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel).
- Up-to-date on latest local and state regulation and guideline changes.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be extremely detail oriented.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Willing and able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Comfortable with up to 50% travel to various retail locations
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.