Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Reporting to the COO, the Regional Vice President (RVP) is the senior leader responsible for the overall operation of Cresco Labs California across multiple disciplines and locations. This individual will be accountable for galvanizing a team under a common growth and operations platform, and ultimately assist the platform in delivering growth and improvement in operational efficiency across cultivation, manufacturing and distribution operations in the state. The RVP will work to continuously ensure the organization is delivering operational excellence, while also identifying innovative and creative services and solutions to expand our branded products in the market, working closely with internal and external partners. The incumbent of this position will be responsible for determining the overall strategy, priorities and direction for operations within the area. The ideal candidate for this role will have a background in a CPG (Consumer Packaged Goods), NHP (Natural Health Products) or healthcare organization with a go-to-market approach that leverages direct deliver distribution channels.
A successful candidate will have had prior success developing the strategy for a company or division, creating financial plans and budgets, responsibility for P&L, executing a growth plan that maximizes revenue and EBITDA, sales management, large-scale distribution leadership, managing and developing people, working in an environment that engineers to order, and championing the brand and developing a culture of excellence.
As the leader of California, talent planning, talent management and professional development will be a core mandate of the role. In addition, the RVP will be responsible for division communication, providing leadership updates across the California region to corporate leadership and external stakeholders.
This position can be based out of any of our California locations, including Carpinteria, Mendota, Santa Rosa, or Sacramento, with heavy travel throughout the California region.
- Manage all operational and strategic facets of the area with full P&L responsibility, driving change and implementing new business processes by building cross-functional partnerships with sales, finance, marketing, supply chain, compliance, and customer service.
- Prepare budgets for approval, including those for funding or implementation of programs such as R&D, facilities, and equipment improvements. Monitor budgets for performance to plan.
- Drive new sales growth within existing client base and ensure the delivery of exceptional customer service to our clients.
- Develop short and long term operational strategies in partnership with senior team members and provide the leadership necessary for the successful design, development, and execution of that strategy to achieve measurable outcomes in a timely, cost effective manner.
- Lead and manage a highly productive, motivated and driven team through strong communication, empowerment, reward and coaching techniques. •Achieve the organization's overall strategic goals and profitability requirements as determined by the strategic plans and subsequently communicate the business’ strategy to C-Suite and Board of Directors.
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred
- Minimum of 12 years of progressively responsible, successful experience in a high-growth CPG (Consumer Packaged Goods), NHP (Natural Health Products) or healthcare organization, including 7+ years managing a large team across multiple sites
- Proven leadership and experience with managing effective client relationships that are high, wide and deep.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with a broad knowledge of management practices and good business analysis/project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to grasp a large, complex, matrix-oriented global business at a base level and use this understanding to set overall strategy and drive business process improvement.
- Strong business planning skills to execute strategic projects with implications for business areas with rapidly evolving business processes. Must possess a balanced perspective on strategic and tactical issues.
- Experience in new product development, particularly consumer products subject to government and regulatory scrutiny
- Proven ability to manage numerous projects, as well as resources, remotely in a highly dispersed organization.
- A proven track record of results including earnings growth, working capital reduction, SG&A control and operation productivity
- Proven ability to select top talent and create a productive environment that promotes initiative, innovation, continual learning and development of key personnel for future advancement.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with a wide range of audiences including clients, front line managers and C-level leaders.
- Ability to travel frequently throughout the region and as-needed to other locations throughout the country.
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.