Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
MISSION STATEMENTCresco aims to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Their operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, they will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market they move in to.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Representing Cresco with state and local government officials in their region
- Identifying and influencing state or local legislative proposals that would impact Cresco.
- Identifying proactive legislative and public policy opportunities at the state and local level.
- Supporting Cultivation and Dispensary managers’ relationships with state and local elected officials.
- Managing state cannabis associations, contract lobbyists and national organizations, as assigned.
- Managing regional Political Action Committee (PAC) budgets and making effective PAC contributions.
- Understanding the governmental and political environment within assigned region.
- Keeping management apprised of political and legislative environment.
- Coordinating with Corporate Responsibility colleagues to identify, develop and leverage opportunities to engage with government officials regarding the firm’s growing philanthropic initiatives and market expansion efforts.
- Collaborating on strategy with Market Leadership Teams, regional communications colleagues, Location Leaders in Strategic Hubs, Business Resource Groups and other internal stakeholders within assigned region.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Strong and effective lobbying experience in priority Western states.
- Exceptional relationships and understanding of politics and state and local legislative process, particularly in the West.
- Strong understanding of financial services and business issues.
- Impeccable integrity.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Proven strong work ethic.
- Graduate degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- 10 years of total relevant experience
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.