Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is looking to add a Director, Information Security to our corporate team in Chicago, IL. The Director, Information Security serves as a central point of contact for the execution of Security strategy and road-map. This individual will apply management principles with critical impact on security technology and the organization. As a leader on the Cyber security team, you will have ample opportunities to mentor, support, and contribute to multiple teams and initiatives that affect the entire organization through secure usage of technology, industry standards, and best practices.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Lead and manage Threat and Vulnerability Management function including
- Analysis of emerging threats
- Identifying and driving remediation of vulnerabilities and threats.
- Leading technology teams to define resolution for corrective actions, work with architecture and remediation teams to develop corrective action plans.
- Responsibility for web application cyber-attacks analysis, investigations, remediation
- Lead Managed Services Providers integration and monitoring of Security Infrastructure.
- Develop cost effective strategies for protecting confidential data through use of information security techniques and technologies, including but not limited to encryption, access control, secure coding, application firewalls, network security zones, content monitoring and filtering, and data leakage tools.
- Develop critical security tools portfolio including Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), Identity and Access Mgmt (IAM), Encryption and Data Loss Prevention (DLP).
- Design security architectures for cloud-based systems and implement solutions that will allow requirements to be met with appropriate security controls present.
- Provides guidance to business and technical partners on secure cloud-based solution adoption and work to address security compliance challenges in the cloud realm.
- Provide direction and assistance to internal personnel and external entities (subcontractors, contractors and vendors) regarding Information Security requirements and capabilities.
- Manage and report key information security performance indicators.
- Work on investigations and forensic analysis activity in support of Legal, Compliance, and Corporate Investigations.
- Provide timely and adequate response to threats/alerts/incidents, including off-hour support as and when needed.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- 10+ of relevant technical and business experience in information security with a focus on Threat and Vulnerability management
- Leadership experience in managing cross-functional teams and influencing senior level management and key stakeholders required
- Demonstrated ability in implementing Security technologies on time and within budget required
- Deep and fundamental knowledge of security best practices and industry standards from a business, technical and operational perspective
- Ability to be visionary, strategic, and tactical
- Ability to execute with a sense of urgency
- Previous security and/or compliance leadership experience in healthcare or retail industries preferred
- Knowledge of current and emerging security standards, privacy regulations and security requirements
- A firm understanding of Security offerings within Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), or Certified Intrusion Analyst (CIA) certification is required within 12 months of hire
- Understanding of health care regulatory standards (HIPAA privacy and security rules) is preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of general IT controls (e.g. access controls, risk management, change management) and related information security policies and procedures
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.