Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking an HR Director to join our growing team at our Chicago Headquarters and support our National Retail Dispensary Operations. The HR Director is a key player in driving progressive HR practices, including performance management, employee engagement and development, inclusion and diversity, and talent development initiatives. The HR Director is enthusiastic about providing the ultimate employee experience and is committed to enabling our people.
CORE JOB DUTIES
Helps implement effective programs, process and HR policies; Provides support, including hiring, new hire orientation, staffing, compensation, wellness and benefits, training, development, team relations, and engagement.
- Acts as a business partner to the practice leadership and liaison to the Corporate functions. Responsible for balancing the needs of the practice with those of the overall organization.
- Develops and refines organization-wide Human Resources strategies and solutions to drive organizational performance and improve/maintain the quality of Cresco culture.
- Supports Cresco’s culture by ensuring that HR practices are aligned with company objectives, facilitating and coordinating effective communications, fostering a positive environment that recognizes accomplishments, and measuring success.
- Strengthens manager effectiveness, partnering with relevant teams, to ensure managers are demonstrating our leadership competencies and modeling our values while developing and growing their employees.
- Coaches management on employee relations matters, effective communication and coaching skills, employee performance management and risk management.
- Serves as Change Agent, planning and implementing effective change management strategies, communications, and training in support of major organization change/transformation initiatives. Provide feedback on and monitor effectiveness of those initiatives.
- Completes special projects and objectives, conducts research, develops and organizes information, and delivers results.
- Drives quarterly performance management, compensation, and promotion cycles within assigned teams; motivate/ inspire management to set and hold employees accountable to high standards of performance.
- Provides feedback on established programs and practices; works with Director, Talent Management to develop company programs, and shares best practices with the HR team.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Minimum of 8 years in a human resources generalist role in the retail industry with prior experience in the following areas is required:
- Employee relations (all employee and executive level)
- Performance and Talent Management
- Policy review and interpretation
- New hire assimilation and on-boarding
- Minimum of 3 years in management role as a HR business partner leader managing key senior level relationship, teams, and projects.
- Experience supporting a dispersed workforce across multiple locations and states.
- Experience in a retail, brick and mortar environment with a large national chain preferred; experience within a start-up company a plus.
- Complete understanding of HR policies and procedures and demonstrated interest or experience with progressive HR.
- A strong knowledge of retail operations and merchandising
- Strong leadership and change management or organizational development skills
- Excellent people management and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build rapport and trusting relationships with all levels of organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and team management skills.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office suite, with an emphasis on Excel.
- Enjoys working in an agile, fast-paced, team environment.
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply.
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.