Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a Compensation and Benefits Manager to join the HR team in our Chicago office. The ideal candidate will have previous experience managing company benefit policies, compensation programs and leave of absence administration.
JOB DUTIES -Benefits Administration
- Manage the annual open enrollment cycle, interfacing with other members of the HR team, vendors and other parties.
- Partner with the broker and counsel to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations including ACA, HIPAA, COBRA, DOL and ERISA.
- Manage the leave of absence process, ensuring leaves are complaint with all applicable state and federal law. Lead the communication process to all leave stakeholders.
- Manage the day to day administration of benefits ensuring enrollments are completed as necessary, billing audits are completed
- Manage the benefits and wellness communication strategy
JOB DUTIES - Compensation Administration
- Participate in compensation surveys, ensuring appropriate jobs are mapped to proper external roles.
- Conduct ad-hoc and comprehensive job studies.
- Manage the equity-based compensation program, administering documentation, amounts and compliance related items.
- Assist with design of new compensation programs
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- 3-6 years of experience in benefits, leave of absence administration and/or compensation.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a related discipline required.
- Microsoft office knowledge (Excel, Word, Power Point)
- HRIS knowledge preferred
- Union Knowledge preferred
- Previous success in developing and/or standardizing processes, with a focus on the client experience.
- Proven experience in providing highest levels of client service internally or externally.
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.