Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco is seeking a Microbiology Laboratory Technician to join our growing team at our Joliet, IL facility! The microbiology technician will be responsible for sampling and testing product in accordance with the commonwealth and standards set by Cresco Labs. The microbiology technician will test samples for indicator tests such as Yeast/Mold, Total Viable Aerobic Bacteria, Coliforms and Bile Tolerant Gram-Negative Bacteria. The technician will also maintain the organization, cleanliness and efficiency of production area, as well as maintaining the quality control measures to ensure high quality product while carrying out day-to-day tasks.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Maintain quality control measures according to Cresco Labs standards
- Document data accurately and neatly according to good laboratory practices
- Enter data accurately and timely
- Receive, organize, and catalog samples
- Prepare and perform sample testing
- Analyze, process, and report test results in a neat, organized, and timely manner
- Communicate information in a clear, concise manner
- Prepare and maintain reagents, supplies, and equipment necessary for testing
- Perform clerical duties necessary for data collation
- Perform other duties as requested by management
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Associate degree in relevant field + 2 years’ experience or
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field
- Appropriate knowledge of laboratory science
- Ability to use laboratory equipment
- Competency with Microsoft Office programs (e.g., Excel, Word, etc.)
- Ability to stand/bend for long periods of time and lift ~30lbs.
- Conduct self in professional manner
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.