Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a Site Quality Director for our East Region. The position would be based out of Massachusetts and would report directly to the VP of Quality. As the Site Quality Director, you will be responsible for overseeing quality-related activities at the facilities across the Eastern Region including (MA, MD, PA, and NY). Associated quality activities involve sampling and inspection of finished products, customer complaints, product investigations, and Corrective and Prevention Action (CAPA) plans. Product families include cannabis flower, cannabis oil, manufacturing infused products (lotion, capsules, vape pens/cartridges, transdermal patches), and food products (chocolate, gummies, cookies). This position will be responsible for ensuring products are being produced in a manner that meets all specifications and brand consistency. You will also lead efforts to identify potential quality risks and working with operations personnel to develop improvement opportunities. The ideal candidate must demonstrate strong leadership, managing teams and driving performance, be a strong communicator, have a breadth of quality experience, and ability to work within a highly regulated industry.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Responsible for management of all site QA managers in multiple states.
- Serve as escalation point for site quality issues with respect to the following activities:
- Finished product sampling and inspection
- Equipment and product line clearances
- Product complaints and investigations
- Nonconformances and deviations
- Product withdrawals, recalls
- Internal and external audits.
- Review and approve critical customer complaints and product investigations, helping to assess risk, identify root cause, CAPA plans, and implementing solutions with business partners.
- Work with quality subject matter experts to generate ideas for projects and process improvements.
- Ensure sites are utilizing approved controlled documents, completing training on-time.
- Discuss issues and concerns directly with operations management and senior leadership.
- Collaborate with operational functions to troubleshoot manufacturing and production defects, CAPA, and customer complaints. Provide advice with process improvements to eliminate errors and reduce risk.
- Consolidate technical information from operations and manufacturing personnel and prepares written investigation and CAPA reports which may be provided to state regulators. Discuss quality-related issues with state regulators, as needed.
- Monitor compliance to established Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) schemes such as British Retail Consortium (BRC) or Safe Quality Foods (SQF)
- Provide recommendations for product discontinuation, quarantine, destruction, rework, withdrawal/recall to operations and quality management.
- Conduct all duties in compliance with safety rules, applicable SOPs, and other applicable guidelines.
- 15-20% travel to facilities and states as the need arises.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelors Degree, 10+ years’ experience in a quality role
- Prior experience in highly regulated industry: healthcare, medical devices, pharmaceutical, consumer packaged goods (food), cannabis. Highly desirable: FDA, HACCP, SQF or BRC experience.
- Prior experience in Quality Assurance or Quality Control function
- Prior experience overseeing Quality functions at multiple sites.
- Prior experience with product sampling, inspection procedures, customer complaints, product investigations, and CAPA
- Prior experience in regulatory agency audits and correspondence.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including writing executive summaries and communicating with senior level operations, quality management team, and regulatory agencies
- Utilizes critical thinking to troubleshoot issues, work collaboratively with a team to brainstorm solutions, and implement improvement solutions
- Lead and manage personnel, including performance management, setting vision, priorities, etc.
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.