Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a Director of Continuous Improvement, Transactional. The individual will be responsible for leading Lean Continuous Improvement efforts in our transactional, non-operations functions including but not limited to Finance, HR, Marketing, Sales and IT. Areas of oversight include all process improvement efforts that support our business as it scales nationally. This role will use leadership and a lean mindset to drive process improvements using their experience coaching and teaching Lean principles. The ideal candidate must demonstrate strong leadership and drive performance, be a strong communicator, have strong business acumen across a breath of disciplines, and demonstrate the ability to work within a highly regulated industry.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Responsible for Lean leadership and transformation
- Execute continuous improvement projects and best practices
- Work with functional leadership teams to identify business opportunities, manage stakeholder expectations and scope of projects. Eliminate bottlenecks and non-value-added activities while improving customer value, safety, quality, cost, delivery and morale. Projects could involve new technology and/or process optimization
- Teach, coach and lead improvement, driving completion of projects to achieve short and long-term results
- Align strategic objectives to the site level work, guiding teams to develop solutions that build future capabilities
- Lead strategic initiatives as needed
- Utilize data and metrics to identify solutions and implement new processes or process changes, automation, etc.
- Discusses issues and concerns directly with appropriate levels of management
- Evaluate strategic risks of business alternatives, recommend actions and develop strategies to cope with various scenarios
- Conduct all duties in compliance with safety rules, applicable SOPs, and other applicable guidelines
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- 5+ years' experience in Lean continuous improvement role required, preferably in a regulated, transactional environment or other related field
- Deep understanding of Lean Principles, Systems and Tools
- Six Sigma certification is a plus
- Breadth of business acumen, working in relevant industries and/or business functions.
- Initially an individual contributor role
- Strong written and verbal communication skills at all levels of an organization
- Utilizes critical thinking to troubleshoot issues, work collaboratively with a team to brainstorm solutions, and implement improvement solutions
- Innovative, think outside-the-box, deliver innovative solutions to complex challenges
- Ability to motivate and influence teams, influence without direct authority
- Stakeholder management: effective in influencing site leaders and strategic action
- Lead effectively through ambiguity; create structure and alignment with limited direction
- Thrive in a fast‐paced, entrepreneurial environment comprised of high achievers and high client expectations
- Ability to work in a team environment and dynamically align to changing business conditions
- Anticipated travel: <25%
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.