Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
This role is responsible for creating and maintaining Cresco’s wholesale sales forecast across the company’s U.S. footprint. This includes the development of demand plans for both developed and emerging cannabis markets, varying competitive environments, and differing corporate goals. Key activities include establishing historical & future sales baselines, working collaboratively with cross-functional teams to understand incremental growth drivers, and leading consensus meetings to align parties on the forecast and demand plan.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Incorporate market inputs (i.e. Retail, Wholesale, Market) and insights (i.e., new products, out-of-stocks, price elasticity) into a demand forecast at multiple levels of aggregation.
- Own the holistic view of the demand plan by aggregating sales data inputs from own and competitive dispensaries
- Lead the development & implementation of a forecasting model, leveraging both inventory and sales data across wholesale and retail.
- Prepares, monitors, and shares reports on Forecast KPIs at monthly forecast consensus meetings; includes opportunities, risks, and gaps vs plan
- Conducts required analysis to determine root cause of forecast misses, identifies continuous improvement opportunities
- Collaborates closely with Operations & Supply planning team to ensure optimal production scheduling and high customer fill rates
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain, finance, economics, mathematics, business administration, or related field; Master’s degree preferred
- 6 or more years of demand planning or business performance management experience in Retail, CPG, Cannabis, or a consulting firm specializing in planning or forecasting
- Excellent communication and cross-functional skills
- Logical approach to problem solving, analytics, planning, and the ability to flex between a "big picture" understanding a detailed analysis
- Fluent in synthesizing large and disparate datasets to identify key implications and to then tell a story of your findings in a clear, concise, and visually appealing presentation
- Demonstrated proficiency in statistics, forecasting, and forecasting methods with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts
- Advanced knowledge of Excel (lookups & pivot tables) required; Knowledge of SQL, Python or similar is highly desired
- Knowledge and proficiency of key operational systems (i.e. ERP, Salesforce) a plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, effectively manage workload to meet deadlines, while ensuring a high standard of quality
- Self-starter who is extremely result and detail oriented
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.