Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Lead inspections with the MMCC and Maryland State Police when necessary.
- Collect, audit, and file required paperwork from all department to ensure compliance with state and company requirements.
- Prepare compliance status report for East Coast Compliance Director.
- Collect and file all signed manifest and QC checks.
- Confirm that all new packaging and labeling is compliant prior to distribution.
- Guide the manufacturing team in new product roll outs to ensure regulatory and procedural compliance.
- Create, maintain, and lead new hire training programs and continuous education seminars in state regulations and company policies.
- Assist in updating SOPs and submitting to the state as applicable.
- Become a resource for corporate partners in all things relating to Maryland Medical Cannabis regulations.
- Monitor Metrc and regularly audit inventory to ensure accuracy.
- Address and resolve Metrc software and technical issues with Metrc technicians.
- Monitor inventory losses and assist in developing processes and procedures to reduce loss in all departments.
- Investigate and resolve any inventory discrepancies.
- Review all inventory reports and files.
- Create logistics QC report to distribute to department managers and participate in weekly manager meetings.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration or similar field, preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of compliance experience, ideally in the regulated cannabis industry or another regulated industry, such as alcohol, tobacco, or manufacturing.
- Must have the ability to develop and foster strong working relationships throughout all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills; the ability to either predict and / or identify and drive problem/issue to resolution in partnership with stakeholders.
- Excellent people and communication skills (verbal and written), with ability to successfully explain complex matters and provide persuasive support for positions with internal stakeholders, outside partners, and to communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to successfully manage a high-volume workload with tight deadlines.
- Detail-oriented and ability to adapt to changing demands and priorities.
- Capable of handling confidential information discreetly and professionally.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge or ability to develop working knowledge of all Maryland Medical Cannabis regulations.
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.