Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Our Director of Community Integration will ensure that all promises made to the state during the initial submission of licensing are carried out by the company. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity across race, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, experience, and thought. Our ideal candidate will posses a compassions personality with a strong work ethic. With a strong ability adapt and thrive in a demanding ambiguous start-up environment
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Compile, validate, and synthesize market and employment data from multiple sources, workbooks, and/or spreadsheets
- Research and utilize data sources as applicable to project needs (e.g., Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Census, etc.)
- Create and prepare compliance reports
- Attend community events, build rapport with and maintain meaningful connections with community stakeholders
- Actively participate in community/local government events – tracking activations and event recaps
- Work in conjunction with the SEED team to identify community stakeholders and build relationships
- Partner with the SEED HQ team to identify, plan, and execute social equity programming
- Serve as liaison between corporate and the selected region, providing ongoing updates on the cannabis industry and community perception
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree, or a combination of work experience & education
- Minimum of 5-8 years of related work experience across event planning, criminal and/or social justice, local/state/federal legislation or government sectors, and/or non-profit
- Must have working knowledge of the local region i.e local government, community events, demographics, etc.
- Previous experience in a highly regulated field; preferably cannabis
- Project management experience a plus
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- Strong attention to detail, highly motivated, self-directed and innovative
- Must be able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement and resourcefulness
- Ideal locations: New York, NY (East Coast)
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.