Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking an experienced Associate General Counsel – Labor to work on legal issues within the Company. This position will report to the General Counsel. The ideal candidate will have hands-on experiences handling employment matters at varying levels. This person will possess a strong business partner mindset, including providing advice and counsel to HR professionals. Cresco’s labor attorney will work on the company’s strategic initiatives and run all aspects of labor and employment litigation.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Responsible for development and advancement of the company’s labor strategy.
- Provides timely and insightful advice and counsel to the leadership team regarding labor matters and labor strategy.
- Manages labor relations matters, including negotiating collective bargaining agreements, labor peace agreements, and other labor agreements.
- Interfaces with union officials in course of labor relations and advancement of the company’s labor strategy.
- Works collaboratively with Human Resources and management to advise on CBA interpretation and administration, grievances, and other labor matters.
- Represents the company in labor arbitrations and before the National Labor Relations Board.
- Undertakes proactive efforts to educate leaders and the workforce on the company’s employee relations philosophy in furtherance of its labor strategy.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- JD from an accredited law school required
- Minimum 6+ years’ labor experience within a large, multi-site organization. Both in-house and firm experience strongly preferred.
- California labor and employment experience strongly preferred
- Skilled in negotiation, client service and the ability to interact effectively with Cresco personnel
- Analytical skills and the ability to think through critical information and make informed recommendations
- Capable of handling confidential information discreetly and professionally
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel, MS Office Adobe Suite required
- Must have the ability to develop and foster strong working relationships throughout all levels of the organization and to recognize potential issues and make sound legal judgements
- Excellent organization and planning skills
- Excellent people and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to successfully manage a high-volume workload with tight deadlines
Ability to model Cresco’s Values: Stewardship, Ownership and Leadership
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.