Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a full-time Government Affairs Coordinator to join the Cresco team at our corporate headquarters in Chicago, IL. The Government Affairs Coordinator will be responsible for providing support on a variety of operations and administrative duties for the Government Affairs Department. This position will work directly with the Senior Vice President of Government Affairs to ensure all staff are meeting identified goals.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Establish and maintain a system that tracks interactions with regulators nationwide;
- Track pending legislation in future markets;
- Quantify the outcomes of legislation and regulation on all parties involved, including the regulator and broader industry;
- Oversee state advisory boards/Trade Group Associations; and
- Coordinate training of employees in operations about the function of government affairs.
- Coordinate schedules of all staff members and ensure staff stays on track.
- Attend meetings across all Cresco divisions to identify regulatory and legislative issues.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field preferred
- 2+ years of professional work experience
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Must be extremely detail oriented
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Willing and able to work in a fast pace environment
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.