Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
The Senior Director of Operations, Midwest will be responsible for all operational activities (excluding direct cultivation, food production, and laboratory oversight) within all our Midwest facilities. The Senior Director of Operations will be directly responsible for all Processing, Packaging, Order Fulfillment, and Logistics within the Midwest facilities, ensuring standardization between sites, consistent delivery of finished products for our customers, and a culture of continuous improvement.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Accountable for P&L performance for all operational sites in the Midwest region
- Lead operational management teams by making data driven decisions that maximize Cresco’s shareholder value, ensure collaboration between/within sites, and drive cross-departmental efficiencies.
- Partner with counterparts in Quality, Safety, and Compliance to ensure facilities are maintained up to state regulatory, OSHA, and Cresco quality standards
- Plan and monitor the day-to-day operations to ensure no interruptions in production
- Create strategies to improve the efficiencies between Operations and Supply Chain, Cultivation, Food Production, Laboratory, Sales, IT, Accounting and HR
- Manage the overall welfare of the team; i.e. provide training and coaching and lead by example
- Ensure the Operations teams within the region function in line with Cresco’s mission and core values
- Ensure health and safety regulations are followed
- Lead weekly meetings with the management team to discuss supply/demand, new projects, and upcoming information
- Oversee facility supply and packaging needs and facility/department/storage unit moves
- Address company policy violations and work in conjunction with HR and direct managers to administer disciplinary action
- Approve/deny internal costs and reimbursements; i.e. employee engagement and development, lunches, etc.
- Solve problems, put out fires, handle inter-departmental communication and help ensure the ship stays afloat
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- College degree: A. or B.S. from accredited university; MBA a plus
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in Operations Management, with experience running large cross-functional organizations
- Experience in a CPG/Manufacturing, warehouse setting, production line environment, GMP/SQF/OSHA/ISO experience preferred
- Cannabis industry experience a plus!
- Effective solutions-based attitude and management style
- Strong ability to multitask and work through constant interruption
- Strong project management skills and experience
- Highly organized and meticulous
- Ability to handle high-stress situations
- Team-oriented and collaborative with a positive attitude
- Comfortable in a start-up environment - willingness and interest to roll up sleeves
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Proficient in all Office Suites (Google, Microsoft Office)
- Proven experience in creating systems and processes
- Ability and willingness to travel and work weekends when needed
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.