Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs Corporate is seeking a Director of Business Analytics & Strategy to lead the Operations/Supply arm of our Data Analytics & Business Insights group. This leadership role requires excellent interpersonal skills, strong business acumen and a deep analytics skill set to drive operational efficiency and effectiveness improvements across the organization. This individual is also responsible for setting priorities for the team, and for partnering with leaders in our Operations groups, to ensure business needs are met.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Work collaboratively with various Operations groups; such as Cultivation, Processing, Manufacturing, Engineering, Supply Chain, Quality, and R&D to ensure all business questions/needs are understood, appropriate analytic plans are developed, and quickly implemented
- Manages a team of 3-4 data manager and analysts, helping them prioritize the most important tasks & projects and manage their cross-functional stakeholder’s expectations
- Drive the use of self-service analytics (Tableau) amongst the Operations groups, enabling your team to focus more on insights and strategic planning
- Coaches the team, guiding them to step out of the analysis and connect the dots on the key business questions to the actionable insights
- Work collaboratively with outside vendors such as our quality assurance laboratories, driving toward timely and accurate data for analysis purposes
- Provide strategic thought leadership to both the team and to stakeholders, helping us drive to actionable insights faster. Areas of exploration include root-cause analysis on changes in yield performance, forecasting future supply levels, throughput/production volume, supporting product investigations, capacity modeling, and strain/product rationalization
- Works closely with the cross-functional leaders as part of our Sales & Operations Planning process; has an active voice on behalf of operations
- Use advanced analytics to develop and implement best in class business strategies to improve operations throughput
- Partner with Business Intelligence and IT to find automated solutions to improve operational efficiencies and data integrity with data collection and transactional activities
- Define data governance, assumptions, and procedures to quality check data and reporting accuracy
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s Degree or higher is preferred. In a relevant field (such as Statistics, Business Analytics, Business Management, Econometrics)
- 8 or more years of applicable work experience; 3 or more years of people management experience
- Strong ability to lead and influence people and teams
- Ability to direct work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage multiple, changing priorities, resolve conflicts and be able to work well under pressure
- Deep understanding of operations and production-related activities, e.g. inventory management, S&OP, production forecasting, standard router/cycle times, etc
- Demonstrates ability to collaborate with others, is a team player and builds business relationships throughout the organization
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, customer service, interpersonal, negotiation, meeting facilitation, conflict management and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to present to audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software with advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint. Familiarity with SQL, R, Python, Tableau a plus
- Is resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.