Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a Document Writer to join our operations team at our Joliet, IL facility. As our Document Writer, you will be responsible for updating and creating Standard Operating Procedures, Work Instructions, training material, and manufacturing/production master batch records. The ideal candidate must be highly organized, possess a strong attention to detail, communicate effectively both verbally and through written documents, and have prior experience working within a highly regulated industry.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Exciting project to build Quality Management System (QMS) and training infrastructure for a medical cannabis start-up company
- Update and/or create new company policies, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), work instructions, job aids, manufacturing formulas/recipes, equipment manuals, IT user manuals, etc. that will have a lasting impact on company’s future success and growth.
- Will be required to observe/learn processes, use of equipment, and IT systems and work with subject matter experts to document steps, take pictures, and write new SOPs and training materials
- Unique opportunity to interface with all functions within the company: cultivation, laboratory, kitchen, packaging, order fulfillment, compliance, engineering, IT/systems, safety, quality.
- Route documents for review, obtaining and consolidating feedback and incorporating into documents, facilitating alignment meetings and review sessions, prepare change request packages for approval, track progress provide status reports, follow up with document reviewers and approvers,
- Work cross functionally among projects and departments as needs arise
- May require travel to train or document procedures
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – detailed and technical writing
- Breadth of experience in a technical field is highly desired, e.g. manufacturing, production, laboratory, agriculture, engineering.
- Quick learner – grasps essence quickly and uses information learned to apply elsewhere
- Deals well with ambiguity and gray areas – must be a self-starter
- Understands the large-scale ideas but can see the details when information doesn’t make sense or is inconsistent
- Able to translate operational practices into written format to ensure end user comprehension and adherence, objective tone, and written in a professional format that can be provided to regulatory state agencies
- Work with individuals who are more senior, striking a balance of driving for results but understanding when competing priorities exist
- Highly flexible and adaptable – working in a fast-paced start-up involves daily shifting priorities; able to go with the flow and adjust to changing needs quickly
- Track large volume of documents, ensuring on-time completion of documents per critical due dates, maintain version control and document governance and best practice standards
- Able to work well independently and in a team of document collaborators, navigate conflicting feedback, facilitate discussion, and push for issue resolution and content alignment
- Takes pride in work. Documents are critical to success of our company and are often submitted to regulatory agencies. Demonstrate a strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.