Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
Cresco aims to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Their operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, they will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market they move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a Sourcing Manager to aggressively drive enterprise-wide supply chain efficiencies through supplier optimization and sourcing strategies. The individual must be capable of executing end to end sourcing processes with limited supervision, meeting challenging timelines while achieving operational quality standards and cost savings targets. This role resides within Cresco’s Supply Chain Organization, reporting to Director of Strategic Sourcing, and will have visibility and accountability across the enterprise.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Direct and execute strategic sourcing initiatives across multiple spend categories simultaneously to include tasks such as RFx development, supplier evaluation / selection, commercial term negotiation, contract development coordination with legal and purchase order execution.
- Identify both near and long- term opportunities which drive both qualitative and quantitative value for Cresco by conducting comprehensive spend and operational analysis.
- Assist in developing category sourcing and supplier strategies across the enterprise while also helping to establish savings targets for spend categories.
- Continually monitor, analyze and assess pricing and delivery trends within markets and industries for their impact on Cresco’s spend and sourcing strategies while providing clear and concise communication of the impacts to supply chain leadership and key stakeholders.
- React to dynamic business environments to minimize Cresco’s exposure to risk from events such as vendor bankruptcies, mergers, acquisitions and regulatory changes.
- Stay current on the latest developments in strategic sourcing, procurement and contracting helping refine processes and methodologies which drive efficiency and maximum commercial benefit for the enterprise.
- Serve as the Supply Chain representative to internal teams working on key initiatives within Cresco and execute supply chain related project tasks in support of those initiatives.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- 5+ years of progressive sourcing and/or procurement experience required.
- Prior experience managing sourcing projects to a timeline, ensuring quality deliverables and effective communication with all stakeholders throughout the process.
- Experience negotiating simple and complex product and service contracts with an understanding both commercial and legal contract terms as well as service level standards.
- Demonstrated subject matter expertise in strategic sourcing and procurement methodologies with a working knowledge of finance.
- Strong relationship building and communication skills
- Prior indirect category sourcing experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related degree.
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry