Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
The Microbiologist will provide leadership and technical guidance for the microbiological testing function throughout the Cresco Labs network, including establishing testing capabilities in new sites, leading investigations of microbiological issues, qualifying new laboratories, managing technical aspects of third-party testing, and on-boarding new microbiological capabilities.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Leads development and validation of microbiological test methods
- Acts as technical resource for site-based laboratory staff and leads resolution of complex micro issues that cannot be solved at the site level
- Trains staff on microbiological testing
- Leads micro investigations
- Responsible for environmental monitoring program in Cresco
- Assesses new third-party laboratory technologies and methodologies
- Drafts global laboratory procedures and standards related to microbiological testing
- Assess remediation technology related to microbiological issues
- Drives best practices at the site level to reduce microbial issues
- Performs all other duties as required
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- B.S. in Microbiology or related field
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a microbiological role supporting food or drugs
- Travel: Up to 25-50% to ensure testing methods are implemented nationally
REPORTING AND AUTHORITY
- Reports to Director of Analytical Chemistry
- No direct reports
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry