Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
The Method Development (MD) Chemist position is based in Joliet, IL. The MD chemist will be responsible for the development, validation, and implementation of testing methods throughout the Cresco Labs network. The MD chemist will be responsible for participating in the on-boarding of new technology, testing equipment, testing samples for identification, purity, and contaminants, and implementing measures to ensure high quality products.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Works independently with moderate supervision to develop and execute analytical methods and test plans for developing and evaluating new products or post-launch optimization utilizing HPLC, FTIR, GC/MS and other instrumentation
- Oversees, reviews, and/or participates in analytical method validation protocols and reports, and analytical method transfer plans, making recommendations for changes and/or improvements
- Participate in the coordination and execution of stability studies
- Participates in project coordination activities and provide training and mentorship to lower level staff
- Reports progress of method development and validation work and significance of results
- Performs all other duties as required
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor of Science or Master of Science (M.Sc.) in chemistry or related field
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in analytical testing, method development, and method validation in a regulated laboratory
- Experience in a cGMP lab is preferred
- Knowledge of analytical instrumentation theory and practice, specifically, GC-MS, FTIR, and HPLC
- Knowledge of organic chemistry and laboratory experimental techniques
- Experience with Microsoft Office Applications, Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic and willing to work overtime depending project demand
- Ability to work independently and manage time efficiently to deliver on project goals
- Travel: Up to 25-50% to ensure testing methods are implemented nationally
REPORTING AND AUTHORITY
- Reports to Director of Analytical Chemistry
- No direct reports
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry