Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Director, Technical Services will be responsible for leadership and daily management of the Technical Services team responsible for ensuring robust products and processes, from development through launch, scale-up and optimization. Responsibilities will include providing leadership and technical guidance for the Manufacturing organization, including technical transfer between sites and external vendors and overseeing complex technical investigations.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Build and develop a high performing Technical Services team capable of meeting the required business, operations and quality targets
- Lead the development of new products for Cresco and its associated brands
- Optimize and scale up existing products and processes
- Work with manufacturing and product development to solve difficult technical problems and coach manufacturing personnel in solving technical problems
- Design and implement management controls for improving manufacturing processes, and ensure the required resources, procedures, and systems are present
- Ensure that internal development teams provide the necessary process controls to achieve a successful transfer to routine manufacturing, including cleaning methods, in-process testing, CQA, and CPP
- Review and approve study designs, technical reports, and validation and manufacturing procedures
- Organize and provide training for manufacturing and engineering employees on procedures and equipment relevant to manufacturing, GMPs/cGMPs and validation
- Ensure communication and coordination between Tech Services and internal stakeholders
- Serve as a member of the Manufacturing and Tech Services leadership team
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Masters of Science (M.Sc.) or Doctorate (Ph.D.). in Chemistry or Engineering, or B.S. and equivalent industry experience
- Proven ability leading cross functional teams providing technical support in the pharmaceutical, nutritional, or food/beverage industry
- Demonstrated knowledge of QBD, DOE, process validation and statistical process control
- Knowledge of cGMPs and experience providing technical support in a cGMP manufacturing environment
- Hands on experience in process engineering, formulation science, process scale-up, and execution of technology transfers
REPORTING AND AUTHORITY
- Reports to SVP of Manufacturing and Technical Services
- Empowered to work directly with site-based resources to resolve issues and make decisions related to technical services
- Budgetary responsibility for the Technical Services team, authorization for capital expenditures up to $10K
- Works directly with above site functions, particularly Manufacturing, Engineering, Operations, Quality, and Marketing
- Works directly with vendors to resolve issues
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- On-time new product launches and Technology transfers
- % Yield Increases
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.