Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
Cresco aims to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Their operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, they will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market they move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a Compliance Coordinator based out of our Chicago Headquarters to support our compliance operations in various locations throughout the U.S. The Compliance Coordinator is responsible for ensuring all facilities remain compliant under state law. A successful candidate has the ability to apply and interpret state regulations for various departments and can also assist with administrative duties to support our Vice President.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Creates Regulation summaries for all states and ensuring that teams stay current on cannabis regulations
- At the direction of the Compliance Manager, tracks and sends regular reminders for recurring operational inspections, and reports to government agencies to confirm all compliance deadlines are met
- Assists with maintaining and tracking corporate officer agent cards to ensure card renewals are prepared with the required documentation and submitted in a timely manner to regulatory agencies
- Collect, audit, and file required paperwork from all department to ensure compliance
- Prepare compliance status report for VP of Compliance and obtain monthly sales report to send to DOA
- Confirm that all new packaging and labeling is compliant prior to distribution
- With oversight from the Compliance Manager, electronically organizes and maintains all compliance documents, using the company’s internal document control system
- Assists in preparing documentation to send to regulatory agencies for advertising submissions, packaging submissions, and product submissions
- Handles all calendaring and scheduling of meetings and calls as well as planning of travel itineraries for the Compliance operations team
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelors Degree required
- 1+ years of compliance experience preferred, ideally in the regulated cannabis industry or another regulated industry, such as alcohol, tobacco, or manufacturing
- Must have the ability to develop and foster strong working relationships throughout all levels of the organization
- Excellent people and communication skills (verbal and written), with ability to successfully explain complex matters and provide persuasive support for positions with internal stakeholders, outside partners, and to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Ability to successfully manage a high-volume workload with tight deadlines
- Detail-oriented and ability to adapt to changing demands and priorities
- Capable of handling confidential information discreetly and professionally
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be 21 years of age to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.