Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
Cresco aims to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Their operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, they will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market they move in to.
JOB SUMMARYCresco Labs is seeking an HR Business Partner for to join our corporate HR team to oversee the California Region. This position will be based out of Carpinteria, CA. The HR Business Partner will be responsible for overseeing human resources operations for their region. Our HR Business Partner will interface with management and employees to resolve employment relations issues, suggest new solutions and strategies, promote positive company culture/work environments, and assist in forecasting future needs within their region.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Provide leadership and counsel to field leaders in delivering HR solutions that enable a high performance culture
- Work closely with management and employees to increase productivity and morale
- Observe/identify trends and analyze data within the region or departments and propose actions to address any gaps or issues
- Assist in implementation of staffing strategy with Talent Acquisition Partners and HR Directors
- Participate in onsite onboarding and conduct new hire orientations as necessary
- Coach managers on performance management and employee conversations
- Resolve employee relations issues, by addressing complaints or concerns and escalating to HR leadership as necessary
- Partner with managers, leaders and HR Directors on annual performance review and goal setting cycles
- Monitor and ensure understanding and compliance with federal and state employment statutes as well as company human resources policies and procedures
- Heavy regional travel to and from facilities
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or Business-related field
- 5+ years’ experience in Human Resources in a manufacturing/warehousing or large non-exempt population
- Experience supporting an environment with strong labor relations and workforce planning strongly preferred
- Complete understanding of HR policies and procedures
- Advanced knowledge of HRIS and Microsoft Office
- Excellent people management and interpersonal skills
- Ability to identify problems, create solutions, establish priorities and work independently
- Strong and comprehensive knowledge of labor and employment laws
- Excellent written and verbal communication and team management skills
- Enjoys working in a start-up, fast-paced environment
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
“Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.