Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is among the largest cultivation, manufacturing and retail cannabis operators in the U.S. We provide a full suite of consistently dosed products catering to all consumers, from the novice to the connoisseur, from the medically treated to the recreational user. The company’s core values emphasize educating consumers while seeking to eliminate social stigmas associated with marijuana. We have developed strong partnerships with dispensaries, law-makers, physicians, and local communities – putting Cresco in a unique position to establish a national operation in the complex and developing cannabis industry.
Cresco aims to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Their operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, they will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market they move in to.
This individual will be responsible for the strategic development and management of the Cresco warehouse and distribution network. This position reports to the Vice President of Supply Chain and is ultimately responsible for overall supply chain operations including inventory control, order management, product storage/rotation, receiving/put away/picking/shipping operations, logistics and warehouse special projects. The key role of this position is to develop the warehouse and distribution network to ensure the needs of the business are met in a safe and quickly growing environment.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Manage warehouse daily operations: Identify and implement productivity opportunities in operations, logistics and warehouse footprint
- Coordinate and process all customer shipments with focus on response time and accuracy
- Develop key metrics and monitor performance of warehouses in terms of inventory accuracy, shipment accuracy, delivery performance and warehouse efficiency
- Analyze key metrics for each assigned retail distribution center and ensure established goals are met in the areas of performance, quality, safety, customer satisfaction, budgetary plan/costs, etc.
- Lead, coach and develop/train employees to meet/exceed business goals & objectives
- Collaborate with management to ensure that all processes and procedures are consistent across all sites
- Provide strategic oversight and guide teams to identify, recommend and implement changes to improve productivity and reduce cost and waste
- Monitor damage and rework within each assigned retail distribution center and direct the establishment and implementation of distribution center standards
- Work with the management team to create short-term and long-term labor needs based on sales forecasts and direction from leadership and other stakeholders within the business
- Drive performance improvement through the use and interpretation of Continuous Improvement Tools and Lean Methods to simplify, eliminate waste, automate processes, etc.
- Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required with internal and cross-functional teams
- Create ROI and cost benefit analysis for implementation of initiatives and expenditures to improve processes
- Oversee the coordination of warehouse/building space allocation and layout expansion
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in warehouse and distribution in a multi-site environment, 5+ years managing and developing a large team.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with ability to effectively communicate well with all levels of the organization – English, Spanish is a plus
- Proven ability to drive cohesion and collaboration among many different groups & functions, especially within Supply Chain Management, Engineering, and Finance
- Adaptable / Flexible - being open to change in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances
- Team value and how to successfully motivate and maintain employee involvement while driving change
- This position requires frequent sitting, standing, reaching, walking, and ability to push/pull/lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry