Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is among the largest cultivation, manufacturing and retail cannabis operators in the U.S. We provide a full suite of consistently dosed products catering to all consumers, from the novice to the connoisseur, from the medically treated to the recreational user. The company’s core values emphasize educating consumers while seeking to eliminate social stigmas associated with marijuana. We have developed strong partnerships with dispensaries, law-makers, physicians, and local communities – putting Cresco in a unique position to establish a national operation in the complex and developing cannabis industry.
Cresco aims to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Their operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, they will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market they move in to.
Cresco seeks a VP, IT Portfolio Management capable of owning our technology road-map as we continue to grow and expand as a company, making necessary adjustments for success, along the way. The ideal candidate will have practical experience using Salesforce CRM, SharePoint, ERP, E-Commerce Applications, Analytics Tools, Scrum or Kanban. PMP, Scrum Master, PGMP, or Six Sigma Green Belt certifications are preferred.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Work as a sparring partner with the CIO and his direct reports to develop short term (90 days) and long term (12 month) Strategic Technology Roadmap.
- Own the Technology Road-map going forward and adjust as necessary.
- Works closely with the PMO office to derive Business Requirements relevant for IT, translates them into Functional and then Technical requirements for scoping out effort.
- Develops and deploys an IT project In-take process based on Organizational priorities, criticality, business case objectives and expected NPV.
- Facilitate and coordinate the efforts of the CIO toward the establishment of the project portfolio definition, its structure and processes, from demand management and strategic alignment of projects and programs to portfolio categories and criteria, through evaluation, selection and prioritization; to execution, tracking and measuring the achieved results.
- Work with the Business and IT project teams to manage/oversee the full range of the project life cycle (initiate, plan, execute, close) for projects covering a portfolio of projects which focus on the business needs of a specific business line(s) or strategy. Identify key Product Owners on the business side for Key IT projects.
- Develops a plan that targets an 80%+ IT project alignment to key business outcomes that can tied back to business P&L’s on a yearly basis
- Responsible for management of IT project portfolio, ensuring that resource allocation plans are in-line with delivery and cost expectations
- Manage the IT capital planning process for respective business line(s). Work with the Finance team to develop an IT Forecast, Budget and Run rate mechanism to track all IT expense
- Develop an MBR and QBR mechanism to review with senior business, IT, executives, stakeholder committees, the IT steering committee and other relevant bodies to validate and assess the IT project portfolio, execute change, and reprioritize to meet business needs as required.
- Create a build vs buy format to make key IT investment decisions. Key considerations are long term strategy, CAPEX and OPEX costs, access to resources, complexity to maintain and timelines to deploy.
- Drive vendor evaluation and selection for new projects and solutions.
- Coordination of dependencies across the projects and programs in the portfolio, and resolve or escalate conflicts.
- Support and advice executives on actions required to balance the portfolio of existing assets and services.
- Lead reviews of significant initiatives, projects or programs that are challenged and provide recommendations as to whether it should continue, be significantly changed, placed on hold or discontinued.
- Direct the development and maintenance of communications and reporting around the IT project portfolios, their contents and the individual performance of initiatives to stakeholders, the IT steering committee, and senior executives.
- Direct the creation and maintenance of the required project portfolio documentation and artifacts.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, business or a related field from an accredited university or institution or equivalent work experience.
- Fifteen or more years of experience in IT and / or Operations.
- Seven to 10 years of diverse roles and increasing leadership responsibilities across major projects and programs.
- Experience managing Agile software development projects and groups.
- Experience with Digital Transformation and customer experience improvement initiatives.
- Demonstrated experience in managing "upward" among senior leadership.
- Demonstrated experience in leading diverse teams.
- Competent analytical skills and business acumen; analytical thinking, problem solving and quantitative abilities; detail oriented, committed to a high level of accuracy; track record of managing multiple projects concurrently.
- Excellent organizational, time-management and meeting facilitation skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Proficient knowledge of key concepts and processes within the Software Development Life Cycle including Agile and Waterfall methodologies as well as process and workflow management.
- Ability to adapt quickly to new and changing business and technical environments.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) with a wide range of audiences (technical and non-technical, staff and managerial), interpersonal, organizational and in a wide range of settings (e.g., one-on-one, small group, in person, conference calls and via e-mail).
- Practical experience using Salesforce CRM, SharePoint, ERP, E-Commerce Applications, Analytics Tools, Scrum or Kanban is desired, but not required.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification or equivalent preferred
- Scrum Master Certification preferred
- Program Management Professional (PGMP) Certification preferred
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certification preferred
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply