Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is among the largest cultivation, manufacturing and retail cannabis operators in the U.S. We provide a full suite of consistently dosed products catering to all consumers, from the novice to the connoisseur, from the medically treated to the recreational user. The company’s core values emphasize educating consumers while seeking to eliminate social stigmas associated with marijuana. We have developed strong partnerships with dispensaries, law-makers, physicians, and local communities – putting Cresco in a unique position to establish a national operation in the complex and developing cannabis industry.
Cresco aims to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Their operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, they will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market they move in to.
The Director of Benefits and Compensation is the organizational expert for the execution of all benefits and compensation strategy. Reporting directly to the Chief People Officer and in collaboration with Senior Management, this role will provide strategic oversight and manage all aspects and activities pertaining to the design, development, implementation, and administration of Cresco Lab’s Compensation and Benefits programs, including but not limited to base and incentive pay, health and welfare benefits, and other total rewards. This is both a strategic and hands-on role for a candidate that is well-versed in benefits legislation and regulations and compensation best practices.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Define, Design, implement, and evaluate benefit and compensation programs and policies to effectively maintain cost, quality, service, and process controls, ensuring consistency across the organization.
- Lead strategy and execution across areas including payroll (hourly/salary & bonus/commission), benefits, RSUs/Stock Options (short and long term), and other incentives with a focus on attracting and retaining talent at a competitive level.
- Bring innovative strategies and provide insight to Corporate Leadership, with a focus on employee consumerism and cost effectiveness.
- Lead implementation of compensation and benefits technology systems, providing guidance to corporate HR team to ensure support of internal business needs, integration with outside vendor links, and accessibility for end-users.
- Participate in the negotiation and contracting with plan providers, vendors, auditors and consultants for services, premiums and plan administration.
- Manage operating procedures for administration and enforcement of payroll, benefits, PTO, LOA/FMLA, and other policies, managing claims, resolving related issues, and adjusting as plan designs change or regulations dictate.
- Lead benefit renewals and annual enrollment process
- Lead training and communication across HR teams and all internal employees to ensure compensation and benefits programs are understood and valued company-wide.
- Develop and implement wellness initiatives and activities which support a healthy employee culture.
- Ensure compliance with all regulations at a state and federal level, including benefits record keeping requirements, and stay current with all HR trends, best practices, and updates to inform policy decisions.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, business or related field.
- 10 – 12 years’ experience in benefits and compensation plans, with demonstrated track record of success in plan design and administration across fast paced, high growth, multi-state organizations.
- Minimum 3+ years leading and developing a team
- Experience in compensation surveys and analysis, including salary, commissions, bonus, RSU and stock options, etc.
- Deep knowledge of federal and state regulations including ERISA, ACA, and FMLA.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office Suite and PowerPoint, advanced excel skills.
- Exceptional leadership, relationship and communication skills, with ability to work with local and remote employees.
- Strong data and cost analysis skills.
- Experience with multi-national benefits and compensation structure, specifically Canadian knowledge is a plus.
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry