Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is among the largest cultivation, manufacturing and retail cannabis operators in the U.S. We provide a full suite of consistently dosed products catering to all consumers, from the novice to the connoisseur, from the medically treated to the recreational user. The company’s core values emphasize educating consumers while seeking to eliminate social stigmas associated with marijuana. We have developed strong partnerships with dispensaries, law-makers, physicians, and local communities – putting Cresco in a unique position to establish a national operation in the complex and developing cannabis industry.
Cresco aims to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Their operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, they will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market they move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a Vice President, Community Integration & Social Justice to join our corporate operations team at our Chicago headquarters reporting to the Executive Vice President of Public Affairs. As our Vice President, Community Integration & Social Justice, you will be responsible for overseeing and managing all community integration and social justice initiatives across the Cresco network. The ideal candidate must possess intuitive thought leadership to direct complex initiatives, an ability to lead a cross-discipline and cross-office team and establish a common vision to do inspiring work.
The Vice President, Community Integration & Social Justice will motivate and influence teams without direct authority, demonstrate organization and attention to detail, and think strategically about the impact of community integration and social justice both at the corporate and community level.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Lead and develop outreach, community engagement, and social justice strategies across all Cresco markets, as well as act as thought leader for new ideas and methods.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the community integration & social justice department which include collaboration with regional markets, Cresco leadership and other VP's to achieve the goals of Cresco.
- Create and manage an annual engagement plan, establishing benchmarks for program development and evaluation including maintain budgets.
- Cultivate partnerships and relationships with community-based organizations, groups, and stakeholders to expand the reach of Cresco across network communities.
- Budget development and management of consultants, community integration and social justice activities.
- Understand linkages across functional activities: and see the relationship between activities, provide advice/consult on missing deliverables, timing of activities, and have awareness of the impact of one action on downstream events that need to be considered.
- Lead, manage and motivate team to deliver results by target completion dates through shared leadership and communicating direction.
- Establish team norms, expectations and metrics while driving the Cresco Labs values
- Coordinate communication among team members to ensure smooth execution of action plans and updates on project progress
- Develop guidelines, best practices and tools to replicate/scale-up similar initiatives across functions and states; ensures that innovative and emerging trends are operationalized, as appropriate.
- Act as spokesperson or industry expert for media, regulatory or industry purposes.
- Oversee the hiring, on-boarding, training, work assignments, performance management, career development, coaching and mentoring of the Community Integration & Social Justice Team.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- 5+ years’ experience in community integration and social justice
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Quick learner – grasps essence quickly and uses information learned to apply elsewhere
- Thinks strategically and sees the “big picture” goals and objectives while being able to tactically execute action items
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills; knows how to work well with diverse and dynamic teams across multiple functions, e.g. operations, sales, legal, marketing, technology
- Thrives in fast-paced dynamic environment; can handle multiple high priority projects simultaneously
- Ability to design and implement new guidelines and processes
- Limited travel required
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.