Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is among the largest cultivation, manufacturing and retail cannabis operators in the U.S. We provide a full suite of consistently dosed products catering to all consumers, from the novice to the connoisseur, from the medically treated to the recreational user. The company’s core values emphasize educating consumers while seeking to eliminate social stigmas associated with marijuana. We have developed strong partnerships with dispensaries, law-makers, physicians, and local communities – putting Cresco in a unique position to establish a national operation in the complex and developing cannabis industry.
Cresco aims to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Their operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, they will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market they move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking an experienced real estate focused Paralegal to support our growing team of talented attorneys at our Chicago headquarters. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, possess strong interpersonal and organization skills, have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to adapt to a fast-paced corporate environment.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Overall management of documents, digital data and other information specific to the real estate legal department
- Oversee and manage all real estate contracts, leases and due diligence files and materials so that information is readily available and such documents can be easily accessed and retrieved
- Record, maintain and update important critical dates and maintain files
- Monitor attorney emails and coordinate call and meeting schedules if possible
- Documentation Preparation:
- Assist in drafting and reviewing certain real estate legal and corporate governance documents
- Assist in preparing forms, contracts, leases, amendments, and closing documents
- Review and prepare general correspondence, notices regarding contract or lease terminations or extensions
- Review, request, and understand title commitments, recorded documents such as easement agreements, surveys and prepare initial title objection letter
- Conduct public record searches of parties, including judgment, tax liens, and UCC filings
- Real Estate Closings:
- Assemble all costs and invoices to be paid through closing
- Prepare a closing checklist, which includes outlining critical dates and the responsibilities of all parties
- Coordinate closing with all parties in the transaction, including the buyer, sellers, title insurance company, opposing counsel, and where applicable, the lender
- Prepare transfers/affidavits of transferees, and initial closing documents for lawyer’s review
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum 5 – 7 years of real estate transactional paralegal experience in a law firm or in-house legal department
- Paralegal certificate preferred
- Must be highly experienced using Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe
- Familiarity or experience with project management software preferred
- Detail-oriented and ability to adapt to changing demands and priorities
- Capable of handling confidential information discreetly and professionally
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.