Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is among the largest cultivation, manufacturing and retail cannabis operators in the U.S. We provide a full suite of consistently dosed products catering to all consumers, from the novice to the connoisseur, from the medically treated to the recreational user. The company’s core values emphasize educating consumers while seeking to eliminate social stigmas associated with marijuana. We have developed strong partnerships with dispensaries, law-makers, physicians, and local communities – putting Cresco in a unique position to establish a national operation in the complex and developing cannabis industry.
Cresco aims to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Their operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, they will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market they move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a Process Control and Monitoring Engineer in our Chicago office to support manufacturing process and production expansion, as well as ongoing operations. This position will be responsible for the technical and operational elements of expanding remote sensing, alarming, control, and troubleshooting of HVAC, process controls, and manufacturing functionality. This will include preparation of dashboards, development of remote monitoring standards and remote troubleshooting to allow monitoring of our facilities. This engineer will be responsible for monitoring the conditions in all of our facilities and providing troubleshooting advice to the local teams.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Act as the lead technical point of contact for remote monitoring and control of BAS systems and control systems, including PLCs.
- Identify and remediate gaps in Cresco’s remote monitoring program.
- Creating meaningful incident management workflows including training and documentation for facility staff troubleshooting when remotely monitored systems have identified problems.
- Act as a point of contact for any monitoring related incident.
- Participate in the selection of remote monitoring solutions.
- Design and integrate remote monitoring systems into dashboard screens to form a cohesive monitoring and event management solution. Develop executive dashboards and scorecards to visualize data in simple terms
- Transition existing automation into the new remote monitoring systems.
- Good understanding of monitoring tools, components and best practices for facilities and application monitoring.
- Excellent communication skills - must be able to communicate effectively with both engineering and maintenance teams and corporate resources.
- Conduct internal presentations and provide training on tool usage and best practices
- Manage the operationalization of enterprise-wide monitoring, data analytics and reporting solutions
- Provide status of ongoing issues, projects and communicate progress through written reports and regular quality meetings assigned or scheduled.
- Travel to suppliers’ or other Cresco facilities to assist in resolving quality issues or assessment of capabilities as required. Travel up to 25% required.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Five (5)+ years experience in a monitoring BAS and PLC systems remotely, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- BS degree in, Engineering or other related field
- Ability to manage multiple projects / assignments simultaneously.
- Solid understanding of Engineering (Electrical and Mechanical), principles with ability read and interpret electrical and mechanical drawings.
- Ability to implement and monitor process controls to ensure actual productions is maintained within the specified tolerance limits.
- Ability to collect and analyze data statistically to solve problems and proactively make recommendations for improvements
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry