Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is among the largest cultivation, manufacturing and retail cannabis operators in the U.S. We provide a full suite of consistently dosed products catering to all consumers, from the novice to the connoisseur, from the medically treated to the recreational user. The company’s core values emphasize educating consumers while seeking to eliminate social stigmas associated with marijuana. We have developed strong partnerships with dispensaries, law-makers, physicians, and local communities – putting Cresco in a unique position to establish a national operation in the complex and developing cannabis industry.
Cresco aims to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Their operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, they will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market they move in to.
The Corporate Director of Engineering is responsible for overseeing corporate engineering and maintenance operations, building and managing an engineering team, and the design, implementation and maintenance of internal cultivation, manufacturing, warehouse, packaging, life safety and security systems. This includes automation equipment, HVAC, building equipment, food manufacturing equipment, packaging equipment and other equipment related to cannabis production, processing and distribution.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Oversee engineering and maintenance operations related to manufacturing systems including HVAC, automated grow systems, automated packaging equipment, and building equipment.
- Recruit, train, mentor, and manage engineering and maintenance staff members
- Serve as the engineering and maintenance leader and technical expert
- Answer questions and resolve issues brought forth by the engineering and maintenance team members
- Create detailed engineering and maintenance -programs, processes, and procedures for staff to use and abide by. Develop SOPs and design tools
- Propose and oversee budgets and timelines for engineering projects
- Check and confirm the accuracy of the work performed and the methods used by engineering staff
- Conduct various tests and quality assurance checks to verify the quality of completed projects – including Factory Acceptance Testing and Site Acceptance Testing
- Monitor and determine various staffing and training needs
- Spearhead various research and development initiatives to identify opportunities for new projects and improved processes
- Communicate and collaborate with other managers, suppliers, and contractors
- Prepare and deliver various engineering-related presentations, both internally and externally
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in mechanical or electrical engineering, PE preferred.
- Master’s degree in engineering management or business administration preferred
- 10+ years of engineering field experience, with a minimum of 4+ years in management roles
- Analytical and mathematical mind, capable of evaluating and solving various complex problems
- Leadership skills necessary to manage and develop a team and get buy-in from contemporaries in applicable departments
- Self-motivated attitude with the ability to multitask and thrive in a timeline-driven environment
- Interpersonal communication skills with expertise in distilling complicated topics to a broader audience
- Travel: Up to 25-50% to ensure engineering and maintenance programs are implemented nationally
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry