Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
Cresco aims to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Their operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, they will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market they move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a VP of Finance to join our team, located out of our Chicago Headquarters.The Vice President of Finance will oversee financial planning, budget management, forecasting, analysis, and reporting for the company. This role will report to the Chief Financial Officer and will help lead the development of Cresco Lab’s financial management strategy as a key role in driving execution and advising leadership across a wide variety of functions.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Direct and coordinate the financial planning and budget management functions.
- Manage the preparation and analysis of financial reports, strategic forecasts, cost trends, KPI’s, metric dashboards, and investor reporting.
- Analyze the company's financial results with respect to profits, trends, costs and compliance with budgets and provide recommendations for improvement. Issue regular status reports and ad hoc reports to senior management.
- Identify, acquire and implement systems and software to provide critical financial and operational information.
- Provide strategic guidance around capital financing options to support company growth needs.
- Evaluate large vendor contracts and investment opportunities with appropriate internal leadership teams, providing financial analysis and assisting with negotiations.
- Provide strategic role in leading, planning, and providing support for due diligence activities across all functional areas of a potential M&A transaction.
- Deliver important information regarding risks and opportunities for impending and ongoing M&A activities, translating this information into fact-based and well-reasoned insights on the valuation and structural impact of the transaction.
- Support post acquisition integration planning and implementation.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting, Master’s Degree and CPA strongly preferred
- 10+ years’ experience in senior level finance role, including 5+ years leading a team
- Experience exceeding goals in both large, established organizations, as well as high growth/start-up environments
- Project budgeting, cost controls, and financial management experience
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems, including BI reporting, dashboard, modeling, and KPI development.
- Strong executive presence and ability to influence decisions and work together across all levels of leadership, including investors and board members.
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry