COMPANY OVERVIEWRecently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is among the largest cultivation, manufacturing and retail cannabis operators in the U.S. We provide a full suite of consistently dosed products catering to all consumers, from the novice to the connoisseur, from the medically treated to the recreational user. The company’s core values emphasize educating consumers while seeking to eliminate social stigmas associated with marijuana. We have developed strong partnerships with dispensaries, law-makers, physicians, and local communities – putting Cresco in a unique position to establish a national operation in the complex and developing cannabis industry.
MISSION STATEMENTCresco aims to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Their operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, they will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market they move in to.
JOB SUMMARYCresco Labs is seeking a detail-oriented, thorough, and organized Director of Environmental, Health & Safety to join our growing team. In this position, you will develop the safety program and ensure all projects comply with local, state, and federal health and safety guidelines and procedures. You will ensure the safety of all employees, make sure all projects are up to code, and provide advice and recommendations for safety improvements.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Lead the development and implementation of corporate-wide EHS programs such as Hazardous Communication, Lockout/Tagout, Respiratory Protection, Fire Prevention, Hazardous Materials and other OSHA safety compliance programs.
- Advises functional areas regarding safety protocols and procedures to ensure regulatory compliance with local, state, and federal agencies.
- Conduct audits and inspections to detect existing or potential health and safety hazards, identify risk behaviors, determine corrective action or preventative measures to prevent reoccurrence
- Responds to emergency situations involving employee injury and property damage incidents; prepares reports of findings and submits recommendations.
- Lead and implements a learning culture through lessons learned from near miss reporting, safety observations, incident investigations and other learning forums.
- Develop and administer all required EHS training for employees.
- Ensure proper disposal of hazardous waste substances according to environmental regulations
- Stays well-informed of industry trends and regulations, maintain certifications and seeks continuous avenues for growth and improvement.
- Intervene to stop any acts or processes which are unsafe or do not comply with EHS procedures
- Implement preventative measures to ensure unsafe processes are not repeated
- Maintains a safe and healthy work environment by implementing, maintaining and aligning company policies that adhere to local, state and federal environmental, health and safety regulations.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, public administration, engineering, construction, occupational safety and health, or related field
- 5+ years experience in a leadership role in health and safety within an industrial and / or manufacturing setting
- Solid knowledge of state and local statutes and ordinances on fire safety and prevention, loss control, hazardous chemicals, building, electrical, noise pollution and the environment
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
- Up-to-date on latest local and state regulation and guideline changes
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Must be extremely detail oriented
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Willing and able to work in a fast pace environment
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Valid Driver’s License