Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
Cresco aims to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Their operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, they will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market they move in to.
Cresco Labs is hiring a Real Estate Manager to contribute to the success of our organization by developing and executing strategic market plans for new and existing markets. In this position you will manage the site selection and acquisition process including location identification and qualification, negotiation, exchange of purchase or lease agreements. This role will be responsible for the over site of both project management and finances in an effort to deliver new stores on time and on budget for projects across the United States.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Analyze new and existing markets within growth territory to determine the best available trade areas.
- Scrutinize State and local regulations and zoning codes to determine jurisdictional requirements
- Identify, qualify and perform all necessary due diligence for targeted sites
- Negotiate letters-of-intent and interface with team attorneys for the successful negotiation and execution of leases
- Develop and cultivate relationships with brokers, developers and property owners
- Represent Cresco Labs to local governmental entities and the public, including facilitating community meetings and public hearings
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to create project deadlines, administer and amend leases, and manage other real estate activity
- Manage deliverables and communication between team members, consultants and attorneys to insure timely openings
- Prepare regular reports and updates on status of all development activities
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Ready, willing and able to travel around 30% of the time
- Knowledge of real estate acquisition and lease process, real estate and contract law (negotiating complex lease provisions), retail real estate markets, real estate valuation, development entitlement processes and best practices of real estate project management
- Disposition to collaborate, as part of a team and work independently
- Effective, efficient and growth mindset
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Focused with the ability to make effective presentations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and similar software
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry